FINAL SCORE: Lasell 16 | Albertus Magnus 3
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-6, 1-6) | Lasell (8-5, 5-2)
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team fell to Lasell College, 16-3, in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) clash on Saturday afternoon at Celentano Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Over the first five minutes of action, Albertus Magnus and Lasell traded goals tying the game at 1-1, but the Lasers would come together on offense and close out the half with the 11-1 lead, following 10 straight unanswered goals.
Junior Nikki Kern (Wallingford, Conn.) put the hosts on the board as well as tied the game at the 25:36 mark with her 21st goal of the season.
In the second half, the guest outscored Albertus Magnus, 5-2, to pull away and earn the league triumph.
Freshman Kaitlin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.) netted the Falcons' second goal of the game at the 28:29 mark with a free position shot. Ten minutes later, Kern scored her second goal of the game to bring the Falcons to within 10, 13-3.
INSIDE THE STATS
- In net, Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) earned the loss and collected a total of four saves.
- For Lasell, Brooke Bergeron recorded the "W" after stopping three shots and improves to 1-1 on the season.
- Lasell won the ground ball battle, 33-21, as well as held a 12-9 edge in draw controls.
- Albertus Magnus was 10-of-13 in clears and 1-of-5 in free position shots.
- Fenn also led the team with five ground balls while Nikki Kern (Wallingford, Conn.) and Kaitlin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.) posted four a piece.
The Falcons return to action tomorrow, April 23rd against Rivier University.