Boston, Mass. – Despite four goals from freshman Alix Hughes (Trumbull, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team lost on the road to Lasell College by a score of 19-6 on Tuesday evening at Grellier Field in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) clash.
FINAL SCORE: Lasell 19 | Albertus Magnus 6
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-6, 0-5) | Lasell (8-3, 4-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Lasell opened regulation scoring six unanswered goals five minutes in before back-to-back goals from Hughes and Alex Chan (Monroe, N.Y.) brought the Falcons to within four, 6-2. Shortly after, the Lasers pushed their lead back up to six, 8-2, before finding themselves ahead by 10, 14-4, at the half.
Albertus Magnus could only play catch-up in second half falling to the Lasers, 19-6, after being outshot 5-2 over the final 30 minutes. Hughes would score the Falcons' first goal of the half at the 20:20 mark followed by Kaitlin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.) who found the back of the net with 12:12 remaining.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus – Lexie Fenn (L, 3-7): 19 Goals-Against | 13 Saves | 32 Shots
- Lasell – Morgan Choquet (W, 9-3): 6 Goals-Against | 6 Saves | 12 Shots
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Lasell posted a 20-12 edge in ground balls as well as outshot the Falcons 38-16.
- Albertus Magnus was 6-for-13 in clears and was 1-of-2 in free position shots.
- D'Agostino led the Falcons with six draw controls as well as scored a goal, scooped up a ground ball and caused a turnover.
- Taylor Yandown and Vanessa Pino registered a game-high three goals and three assists each for the Lasers.
- Jordan McComb collected a game-high five draw controls.
- The Lasers held an advantage in draw controls, 16-11, and in caused turnovers, 12-2.
- Junior Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) posted a team-high four ground balls for the Falcons.
Albertus Magnus returns home on Thursday, April 12 as the Falcons host in-state rival Mitchell College at 6 p.m. at Celentano Field.