New Haven, Conn. - Junior Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team recorded an impressive career-high 20 saves as the Falcons fell to Lasell College, 1-0, in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference showdown on Wednesday evening at Celentano Field.
FINAL SCORE: Lasell 1 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-2, 1-1) | Lasell College (2-3, 2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
In the first meeting between the two squads since the 2016 GNAC Championship, the Lasers used a second-half strike to take down the hosting Falcons.
Lasell junior Carly Zdanek broke the scoreless tie at the 73rd minute as she converted a pass from junior Morgan Pinksten for the eventual game-winner. The marker was Zdanek's team-high fourth of the season and the fifth game-winner of her career.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Lasell outshot the Falcons 36-4, including a 21-2 edge in shots on goal.
- Freshman Tiana Cass (Torrington, Conn.) paced the Falcons' offense with a team-high two shots while freshman Sophia Austin (East Hartford, Conn.) and senior Amanda Montano (North Haven, Conn.) added a shot a piece.
- In goal, Sarah LaClair recorded just two saves in her first shutout win of the season.
- The Lasers held a 9-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Lasell had 12 players tally at least a shot each in the road victory.
Albertus Magnus returns to Celentano Field on Saturday, Sept. 16 as the Falcons host Mount Ida College at 2:30 p.m. following the men's game at 12 p.m. The Lasers return to GNAC action on Saturday when they travel to Nashua, N.H. to face Rivier University at 1:00 p.m.