Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Freshman Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team scored the hosts' lone goal of the game as the Falcons fell at home, 3-1, to Norwich University in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference showdown at Celentano Field Saturday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE: Norwich 3 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-3, 0-1) | Norwich (4-0, 1-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Cadets Karyssa Lachance kicked things off scoring the first goal of the game at the 35th minute to take the late lead over the Falcons, 1-0. However, a minute later Andrews would go on to score her third goal of the season to even the game up at 1-1 entering the half.
Despite outshooting the Cadets, 7-5, in the second half, Albertus was unable to find the back of the net as the visitors secured the road win following back-to-back goals from Sydney Rocheville at the 58th and 64th minute of play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus outshot Norwich 15-9.
- The Falcons also held the edge in corner kicks, 1-0.
- Freshman Jaidyn Gillette (Putnam, Conn.) led the Falcons' attack with six shots, including five shots on goal.
- Junior Erin Daly (Seymour, Conn.) took three shots, two of which were on goal.
- Along with her goal, Karyssa Lachance posted a team-high five shots.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus – Lexie Fenn (L, 0-2) 5 Shot on Goal | 3 Goals Against | 2 Saves | 90 Minutes
- Norwich – Katie Bishop-Manning (W, 4-0) 12 Shots on Goal | 1 Goals Against | 11 Saves | 90 Minutes
The women's soccer team returns to action next week against Johnson & Wales (September 12 - 7pm) and Emmanuel (September 15 - 1pm).