Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team lost by a score of 3-0 on Saturday afternoon at Celentano Field against Emmanuel (Mass.) College as part of Homecoming Weekend.
FINAL: Emmanuel 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-5, 0-3 GNAC) | Emmanuel (5-1, 1-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints kicked off the scoring in just the sixth minute of action as Natalie Dash scored her fifth goal of the season to give the visitors a 1-0 edge.
Emmanuel added to the lead in the 22nd minute when Kayla Generis took a shot towards the far post which Falcons' keeper Cassidy Scofield (Shelton, Conn.) tried to clear, but it went right to Mikayla Guthrie who was able to find the back of the net.
Scofield kept the Falcons close, making several diving saves during the action but the Saints defensive unit silenced the Albertus Magnus attack. Emmanuel added an insurance goal in the final minute of regulation as Generis sealed the win with her first goal of the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emmanuel dominated the total shots match-up, outshooting the hosts by a 33-2 margin.
- The Saints also owned a 6-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- Senior Kerrigan Loughman (Trumbull, Conn.) and freshman Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) recorded a shot each for the Falcons.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus – Cassidy Scofield (L, 1-2) 17 Shots on Goal | 3 Goals-Against | 14 Saves | 90 minutes
- Emmanuel – Lexi Gawron (W, 5-1): 1 Shot on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 1 Saves | 90 minutes
The Falcons play again on Wednesday, September 19 when they host Suffolk University in more GNAC action at 6:00 PM.