Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team suffered a 1-0 setback Wednesday evening to Suffolk University at Celentano Field in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action.
FINAL: Suffolk 1 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-6, 0-4 GNAC) | Suffolk (2-4, 2-2 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk sophomore Caleigh O'Brien broke the scoreless tie four minutes into the second stanza as she converted a pass from senior Melissa Adamo for the eventual game-winner.
Despite outshooting the Rams in the second, 5-4, Albertus was unable to find the back of the net against Rams' keeper Allison Rodrigues.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Suffolk controlled the offensive pace outshooting Albertus 18-8.
- The Rams held a 5-4 edge in corner kicks.
- Along with her goal, O'Brien led the Rams with seven shots four of which were on goal.
- Junior Erin Daly (Seymour, Conn.) posted a team-high four shots while freshman Brooke Paradis (Plainfield, Conn.) registered two shots.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus – Cassidy Scofield (Shelton, Conn.) (L, 1-3) 10 Shots on Goal | 1 Goals-Against | 9 Saves | 90 minutes
- Suffolk – Allison Rodrigues (W, 2-2): 2 Shot on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 2 Saves | 90 minutes
The women's soccer team returns to the field on Friday, September 21 as the Falcons travel to Paxton, Mass. to take on Anna Maria College. Kick-off is set for 4 p.m.