Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team was defeated by Colby Sawyer College, 5-0, on Saturday afternoon in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) showdown at Celentano Field.
FINAL: Colby Sawyer 5 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-7, 1-5) | Colby Sawyer (4-4, 4-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Colby Sawyer controlled the opening 45 minutes of play outshooting Albertus by a 10-7 edge, including a 2-0 lead at the half. Molly Maclure got thing started for Colby Sawyer scoring the first goal of the game at the 14:46 mark before Hannah Fields put the visitors up two, 2-0, scoring her fifth of the season midway through the first.
Albertus was unable to control the Chargers' offense as the visitors' scored an additional three goals in the second to put the game away, 5-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Colby Sawyer outshot Albertus, 21-9, including a 13-7 edge in shots on goal.
- The Falcons held the advantage in corner kicks, 8-5.
- Along with her goal, Field posted a game-high six shots while Amanda Martin and Abbie Sanoucy tallied four shots a piece.
- Senior Morgan Gigliotti (Wolcott, Conn.) paced the Falcons' offense with a team-best four shots, three of which were on goal.
- Freshmen Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) and Jaidyn Gillette (Putnam, Conn.) each registered two shots a apice.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus - Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) (0-4): 13 Shots on Goal | 5 Goals-Against | 8 Saves | 90 Minutes
- Colby Sawyer - Oona Bond (4-3): 7 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 7 Saves | 90 Minutes
The women's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, Oct. 3 as the Falcons travel to Weston, Mass. to take on GNAC foe Regis (Mass.). Kick-off is set for 7 p.m.