Link: Box Score
Farmington, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team fell on the road to in-state foe the University of Saint Joseph's (CT), 4-0, Wednesday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action at Miss Porter's School.
FINAL: University of Saint Joseph's (CT) 4 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-9, 3-7) | University of Saint Joseph's (CT) (7-6-1, 5-5-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Neither team could find the back of the net over the opening 45 minutes of action.
Saint Joseph's (CT) broke the scoreless tie at the 56th minute mark as Amanda Ghent found the back of the net on a penalty kick following a foul on the Falcons.
Less than two minutes later, the Blue Jays struck again this time on a goal from Ali O'Neill to extend their lead to 2-0.
The Blue Jays would continue to control possession over the ensuing minutes and then put the game away, 4-0, with back-to-back goals from freshman Sierra Romie.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Blue Jays held a sizeable, 28-9, advantage in total shots in the match, including a 17-8 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Falcons won the corner kick battle edging the Blue Jays, 6-5.
- Freshman Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) led the Falcons' attack with three shots, all of which were on goal, while Kerrigan Loughman (Trumbull, Conn.) added two shots of her own, including a penalty kick attempt.
- Jessica Spezzano and O'Neill each tallied a team-high five shots.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus - Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) (W, 2-6): 16 Shots on Goal | 4 Goals-Against | 12 Saves | 90 Minutes
- Saint Joseph's - Megan Ricci (W, 7-6-1) 8 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 8 Saves | 90 Minutes
The women's soccer team returns to action on Saturday, October 20 as the Falcons travel to Standish, Me. to take on Saint Joseph's College of Maine. Kick-off is set for 12 p.m.