Link: Box Score
Standish, Me. - The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team lost to Saint Joseph's College of Maine in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play by a score of 5-1 Saturday afternoon at the SJC Athletics Complex.
FINAL: Saint Joseph's College of Maine 5 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-10, 3-8) | Saint Joseph's College of Maine (13-2, 10-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Saint Joseph's (Me.) Haley DaGraca scored the first goal of the game four minutes in to give the hosts the early edge, 1-0.
- With five minutes remaining, freshman Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) evened the score at 1-1 netting her 10th of the season.
- Sophomore Maddy Rowe (Branford, Conn.) collected her first point of the season following an assist on Andrews goal.
- The Monks put the game out of reach scoring four goals over the final 45 minutes of action to secure the home win.
- DaGraca led the hosts in the second with a goal and assist.
- Emily Thornton, McKenzie Murphy and Kayley Mattos each scored one of the Monks' four goals in the second.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Monks outshot the Falcons, 31-7, including a game-high 14 shots from Haley DaGraca.
- Saint Joseph's (Me.) also held won the battle in corner kicks, 8-1.
- Along with her goal, Andrews led the Falcons' attack with three shots.
- Junior Erin Daly (Seymour, Conn.) also posed as a threat for the visitors recording two shots, one of which was on goal.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus - Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) (L, 4-10): 14 Shots on Goal | 5 Goals-Against | 9 Saves | 90 Minutes
- Saint Joseph's (Me.) - Adia Grogan (W, 13-2): 5 Shots on Goal | 1 Goals-Against | 4 Saves | 90 Minutes
The women's soccer team closes out conference play with a road contest against Lasell College on Monday, October 22. Game time is set for 2:30 p.m. in Newton, Mass.