NASHUA, N.H. - Sophomore keeper Sammara Streater (Hamden, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team earned her first win in goal as the Falcons cruised past Rivier University, 3-0, on Saturday afternoon in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play at Joanne Merrill Field.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 3 | Rivier 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-3, 2-2 GNAC) | Rivier (2-4-2, 0-2-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus held a one-goal cushion at the half thanks to a goal from Sophia Austin (East Hartford, Conn.). Following Austin's goal at the 7:52 mark, Rivier ripped seven shots at the visitors, three of which were handled by Streater.
Rivier's attempts were limited in the second and Streater took care of business in between the pipes for the visitors to secure the shutout for the Falcons.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus: Sammara Streater (W, 1-0) - 4 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 4 Saves
- Rivier: Kasey Smith (L, 2-4-2) - 7 Shots on Goal | 3 Goals-Against | 4 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus outshot the Raiders, 14-8, while the hosts held the advantage in corner kicks, 3-2.
- Austin finished the afternoon with three-points behind a goal and an assist.
- Rivier's Megan Dumont tallied a team-high three shots.
- Seven different players posted at least one shot attempt for the Falcons.
- Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) and Morgan Ashby (Milford, Conn.) each tallied an assist.
- Abshy's assist on Riccio's tally was her first of the season.
- Raposo has scored at least one goal in the last four games.
- Streater set a new season-best in saves with four
- Riccio's goal was her second of her career.
The women's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, Oct. 2 with a road GNAC tilt against Emmanuel (Mass.) College. Game time is set for 7:00PM in Boston, Mass.