BOSTON - Emmanuel College (Mass.) scored a goal in both halves to defeat the Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team, 2-0, in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action on Wednesday night in Boston.
FINAL: Emmanuel 2 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-4, 2-3 GNAC) | Emmanuel (4-6, 3-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints took control of the low-scoring match in the first half off a goal from Paige White. White scored off a pass from Kennedy Davignon just 7:10 into the contest.
Neither team scored again until the 54th minute, when Hannah Sheskey logged Emmanuel's second tally of the night. This stood as the last goal of the game, as both teams went scoreless over the final 36 minutes.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
Albertus: Cassidy Scofield (L, 4-4) - 14 Shots on Goal | 2 Goals-Against | 12 Saves
Emmanuel: Lexi Gawron (W, 3-6) - 3 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 3 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• Emmanuel paced Albertus in shots (22-9), while the Falcons led the way with three corner kicks to the Saints' two.
• Thirteen of Emmanuel's 22 shots came in the second half, with Cassidy Scofield (Shelton, Conn.) saving nine of the 10 shots on goal.
• In total, Scofield made 12 saves, her second-highest total of 2019.
• Scofield has made a combined 30 saves in her last two starts.
• Katherine Raposo (Warwick, R.I.) led the Albertus attack with six shots, two of which were on goal.
• Kennedy Davignon paced all players with seven shots, while Sheskey and White scored on two shots on goal each.
• With the loss, the Falcons fall to 2-3 in GNAC play.
• The Saints, on the other hand, are near the top of the standings at 3-1.
• After tonight, Scofield moved to fourth in the GNAC with 54 saves this year.
The Falcons continue road league play on Saturday, Oct. 5, with a 1 p.m. showdown against Norwich University in Northfield, Vt.