New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team was dealt a 2-0 loss to Saint Joseph's College of Maine, the second-place team in the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) standings, on Saturday afternoon at Celentano Field.
FINAL SCORE: Saint Joseph's College of Maine 2 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (7-6-1, 4-5-1 GNAC) | Saint Joseph's College of Maine (11-2-2, 7-1-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The two teams battled to a stalemate in the first half, taking a 0-0 tie into the break. Albertus had chances to score in the stanza, outshooting its league foes by a 6-5 margin over the first 45 minutes.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus: Cassidy Scofield (L, 5-6-1) – 10 Shots on Goal | 2 Goals-Against | 8 Saves
- Saint Joseph's (ME): Adia Grogan (W, 10-2-2) – 6 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 6 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus was outshot by the Monks, 14-11.
- Saint Joseph's College (ME) also held the advantage in corner kicks, 5-2.
- Raposo led the Falcons offensive unit with five shots.
- Sophomore Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) tallied three shot attempts for the hosts while Riccio added two.
- Murphy and Mattos finsihed with two points each for the Monks.
- The Falcons are 5-3 at home following today's loss.
The women's soccer team travels to Colby-Sawyer College on Saturday, October 26 for a GNAC showdown in New London, N.H. Game time is set for 2:30 PM.