Weston, Mass.. - The Albertus Magnus College women's swimming and diving team fell to Regis (Mass.) College on Saturday morning at the Regis College swimming pool.
Following the meet, Coach Lauren Pallon took the time to comment on how happy she was with the team effort and determination throughout the meet. "I'm impressed with how the ladies fought throughout the day. For most of them this is their first Winter training in the sport of swimming. They've been training harder than ever before and all with a positive attitude and now have a new perspective for the sport. I'm proud of this group and their determination."
1. Regis (Mass.) - 126
2. Albertus Magnus College - 37
1000 Yard Freestyle
Megan Anderson (Levittown, N.Y.) recorded her season's best finishing with a time of 15:27.54
200 Yard Freestyle
Arle Cruceta (Salcedo, Dominican Republic) recorded her lifetime best finishing with a time of 4:15.92
50 Yard Freestyle
- Kiarra Pabon (Hamden, Conn.) placed fourth with a time of 42.13
- Jocelyn Streeto (New Haven, Conn.) competed in her first swim meet and recorded a solid time of 46.71
100 Yard IM
Anderson recorded fourth place points with another season's best finishing with a time of 1:20.09
50 Yard Breaststroke
- Anderson placed first overall with a time of 38.71
- Cruceta finished in second place with a time of 1:01.30
100 Yard Freestyle
- Pabon scored second place points with a time of 1:37.39
- Cruceta followed shortly after finishing in third with a final time of 1:58.00
50 Yard Backstroke
Streeto scored eighteenth place points finishing with a time of 51.68
500 Yard Freestyle
Pabon placed second with a final time of 9:47.16
The women's swimming and diving team returns to action on Saturday, Jan. 18 as the Falcons compete against Eastern Connecticut State University. The meet is set for 1PM at the Sports Center pool in Willimantic, Conn.