Wellesley, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College women's swimming & diving team completed day one of three of the 2020 Great Northeast Athletic Conference Swimming & Diving Championship at the Wellesley Sports Center. The Falcons finished day one in seventh place behind a total of 82 points.
- Simmons University (193)
- Norwich University (126)
- Colby-Sawyer College (117)
- Husson University (113)
- Regis College (108)
- University of Saint Joseph (100)
- Albertus Magnus College (82)
- Elms College (77)
- St. Joseph's College of Maine (60)
QUOTE FROM COACH PALLONE
Following the meet, Coach Lauren Pallone took the time to comment on how incredibly proud she is of her team.
"I'm blown away by the performances today! These Lady Falcons truly soared with grace, athleticism, strength, and courage. They were truly fearless today and I can't wait to see what the next two days have in store."
200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- The relay consisting of Crisbeth Castañeda (Guatemala City, Guatemala), Ana Lucia Gutierrez Gomez (Hermosillo, M.X.), Megan Anderson (Levittown, N.Y.), and Elizabeth Sherry (Mechanicsville, V.A.) put up a school record by 20 seconds, finishing with a time of 1:49.92
- The quartet finished the event in eighth place.
1650 Yard Freestyle
- Castañeda finished in 12th, with a new school record and a time of 24:40.84, which was over a minute faster than her last record. She earned a total of nine points.
- Kiara Pabon (Hamden, Conn.) placed 14th in the event with a final time of 29:45.00 and earned six points. She recorded her seasons best by over four minutes.
- Arle Cruceta (Salcedo, Dominican Republic) finished shortly behind in 15th place, earning six points and a final time of 35:20.95. She also recorded her seasons best by over three minutes.
200 Yard Medley
The medley consisting of Castañeda, Gomez, Anderson, and Sherry put up a school record by 11 seconds, ending with a time of 2:06.87 and finishing in eighth place.
The 2020 Great Northeast Athletic Conference Swimming & Diving Championship continues tomorrow, Feb. 1 at the Wellesley Sports Center. The meet is set to begin at 10AM.