North Reading, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus women's tennis team opened Great Northeast Athletic Conference play with a 9-0 setback against Suffolk University Friday evening at North Reading High School.
FINAL: Suffolk 9 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-2, 0-1) | Suffolk (2-3, 1-1)
1. Delaney Dunlap (SUF) def. Jessica Coughlin (AMC), 6-0, 6-1
2. Ilda Ascic (SUF) def. Izzy Sabino (AMC), 6-2, 6-2
3. Elena Cisneros Garcia (SUF) def. Nallely Magana (AMC), 6-0, 6-0
4. Kendall Smith (SUF) def. Cassie Couture (AMC), 6-0, 6-1
5. Jordan Miller (SUF) def. Tiffanee Gardner (AMC), 6-0, 6-0
6. Emily Bean (SUF) def. TiaBrianna Belnavis (AMC), 6-0, 6-0
1. Dunlap/Ascic (SUF) def. Coughlin/Sabino (AMC), 8-4
2. Cisneros-Garcia/Smith (SUF) def. Magana/Couture (AMC), 8-0
3. Meagan French/Miller (SUF) def. Garnder/Belnavis (AMC), 8-0
The women's tennis team returns to action on Thursday, September 20 as the Falcons travel to U.S. National Tennis Center to battle Vaughn. Match time is set for 8pm.