New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College women's tennis team took home a non-conference victory versus St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) on Saturday afternoon at the Celentano Courts.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 6 | Saint Joseph's College (Brooklyn) 3
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-5) | Saint Joseph's College (Brooklyn) (2-3)
- Jessica Coughlin (Putnam, Conn.) (AMC) def. Katie Estes (SJCBK) 10-1
- Mariah Mandulak (Shelton, Conn.) (AMC) def. Valentina Velez (SJCBK) 10-7
- Daniella Alva (SJCBK) def. Nallely Magana (East Haven, Conn.) (AMC) Won by Default
- Ashleigh Hartwig (SJCBK) def. Cassie Couture (Waterbury, Conn.) (AMC) 10-5
- Nayelli Garcia (East Haven, Conn.) (AMC) def. Jennifer Garcia (SJCBK) 10-1
- Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) (AMC) def. Raquel Ramirez (SJCBK) 6-2
- Jessica Coughlin/Mariah Mandulak (AMC) def. Valentina Velez/Ashleigh Hartwig (SJCBK) 8-1
- Katie Estes/Daniella Alva (SJCBK) def. Nallely Magana/Cassie Couture (AMC) 8-3
- Nayelli Garcia/Andreah Orr (AMC) def. Jennifer Garcia/Raquel Ramirez (SJCBK) 8-6
- Order of Finish: Doubles (1, 2, 3) | Singles (1, 5, 4, 2, 6, 3)
- Coughlin's win at No. 1 singles was her fourth straight win of the season.
- Mandulak earned her fourth singles and doubles win, respectively.
- Garcia picked up her second win of the year in singles play.
- Orr won her first match of the fall, snapping a five-match losing streak.
- The No. 1 duo tandem of Coughlin/Mandulak earned its fourth win of the season
- Following today's win, Albertus improves to 4-1 all-time against St. Joseph's (Brkln).
The women's tennis team resumes Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play on Sunday, Sept. 22 with a road match against Simmons University. Match is set for 12PM at the Daly Courts in Boston, Mass.