Boston, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College women's tennis team fell on the road to Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) foe Simmons University by a score of 8-1 on Sunday afternoon at the Day Courts.
FINAL: Simmons College 8 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-6, 0-4) | Simmons College (3-6, 2-2)
1. Nickie Nguyen (SC) def. Mariah Mandulak (Shelton, Conn.) (AMC) 6-2, 6-4
2. Sarah Mariski (SC) def. Nallely Magana (East Haven, Conn.) (AMC) 6-0, 6-1
3. Leah Bonis (SC) def. Cassie Couture (Waterbury, Conn.) (AMC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Megan McKeever (SC) def. Nayelli Garcia (East Haven, Conn.) (AMC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Carrie St. Peter (SC) def. Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) (AMC) 6-0,6-0
6. Sam Margolin (SC) def. No player (AMC) Won by default
1. Mariah Mandulak/Nallely Magana (AMC) def. Mary Miller/Kaili Shorey (SC) 8-3
2. Laura Frampton/Sam Margolin (SC) def. Cassie Couture/Nayelli Garcia (AMC) 8-0
3. Carrie St. Peter/Libby Weed (SC) def. No player (AMC) Won by default
Mandulak and Magana teamed up for the first time this season and earned a victory at No. 1 doubles.
The women's tennis team continues conference play on Saturday, Sept. 28 with a road match against Eastern Nazarene. Match is set for 1PM at the ENC Tennis Courts in Quincy, Mass.