Link: Box Score
New London, Conn. – Behind a double-double from freshman Vanessa Isyk (Meriden, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team defeated in-state rival Mitchell College in four sets, 4-1, Wednesday evening at the Yarnell Athletic Center.
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus 3 | Mitchell 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-1) | Mitchell (0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mitchell opened the match with 1-0 edge over Albertus following a 25-21 first set win. The Mariners hit an impressive .250 at the net and recorded an 11-10 advantage in kills.
Albertus answered back winning the next three sets (25-20, 25-18 and 25-23) to take home the non-conference win. The Falcons registered a combined 24 kills in the second and third set while posting only four attack errors in the final set.
Following tonight's win, Albertus is now 10-16 against Mitchell in the all-time series and has won the last three meetings, including tonight.
- Vanessa Isyk - 14 kills (season-high)
- Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) - 27 assists (season-high)
- Jesselle Guzman (Santa Teresa, N.M.) - 17 digs
- Ariana Carter and Laurissa Amaker - 12 kills
- Cameron Childs - 31 assists
- Shyla Phillips-Krick - 23 digs
- Ariana Carter - 2 blocks
- Albertus - Vanessa Isyk: 14 kills and 12 digs
- Mitchell - Cameron Childs: 31 assists and 13 digs
- Mitchell - Ariana Carter: 12 kills and 15 digs
- Mitchell - Laurissa Amaker: 12 kills and 17 digs
The women's volleyball team returns home on Saturday, Sept. 8th as the Falcons host Norwich University and Emmanuel (Mass.) as part of a GNAC tri-match. Game times are set for 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.