Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Despite a team-high 11 kills from freshman Vanessa Isyk (Meriden, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team fell in straight sets, 3-0, to GNAC foe Regis (Mass.) College Saturday afternoon at the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletics Center.
FINAL: Regis (Mass.) 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (9-12, 2-5) | Regis (Mass.) (9-12, 2-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Set One: Regis (Mass.) 28 | Albertus 26
- Albertus Magnus opened a 13-6 lead in the first set before Regis scored five straight points.
- After the Pride pulled to within one at 20-19, the Falcons won four of the next five points, led by three kills Isyk, to bring about set point at 24-20.
- Regis finally clinched the first set, 28-26, thanks to a block by Jordan Sterenberg and Julia Pelland, followed by a kill from Pelland.
Set Two: Regis (Mass.) 25 | Albertus 11
- Regis opened set two with four service aces.
- Regis scored five unanswered points later in the set to open a 14-5 advantage.
- The Pride closed out the set with a 11-6 scoring run.
Set Three: Regis (Mass.) 25 | Albertus 19
- The Falcons jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the third set, led by two kills from Isyk, and held onto a multiple-point lead until the midway point of the set.
- Down 12-9, the Pride put together an 11-3 scoring run.
- The Pride earned a kill and a service ace to bring about match point, and Regis clinched the sweep on a Falcon attack error.
- Vanessa Isyk - 11 Kills, 1 Ace and 4 Blocks.
- Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) - 21 Assists
- Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Tex.) - 12 Digs
- Katryna Veasey - 16 Kills
- Emily Fagundo - 18 Assists
- Tori Ondris - 4 Aces
- Lauren Butt - 4 Blocks
- Katryna Veasey - 16 kills and 12 digs
The women's volleyball team returns to action on Monday, October 15 as the Falcons travel north to take on Dean College. First serve is set for 7 p.m.