Link: Box Score
Willimantic, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team lost on the road in straight sets to Eastern Connecticut State University Tuesday evening at Geissler Gymnasium in non-conference play.
FINAL: Eastern Conn. St. 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (11-15) | Eastern Conn. St. (19-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Set One: Eastern Conn. St. 25 | Albertus 10
- Eastern Conn. posted a match-high 15 kills for an impressive .467 hitting percentage.
- Albertus cut the Warriors' lead to within seven, 17-10, following a service ace by Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.), but the hosts ended the set with a 8-0 run.
Set Two: Eastern Conn. St. 25 | Albertus 13
- The Warriors opened set two with a 10-point lead, 14-4.
- Albertus battled back to within nine, 20-11, on a kill from Ashley David (West Islip, N.Y.).
- Eastern closed out the frame with a 5-2 run.
Set Three: Eastern Conn. St. 25 | Albertus 19
- Down by seven, the Falcons made their only sustained run of the match by reeling off four straight on kills from junior Ashley David (West Islip, NY) and freshman Summer Onorato (East Haven) and consecutive Eastern attack errors.
- Albertus force the Warriors to call timeout with a 20-17 lead.
- The Warriors regained the momentum with back-to-back kills from Carly Balskus before ending the match on to the deciding six-point win
- Summer Onorato - 7 Kills
- Jaiden Williams - 14 Assists
- Jaiden Williams - 2 Aces
- Ashley David - 9 Digs
- Ebony Labrador-Barns (New Haven, Conn.) and Jaiden Williams - 1 Block
- Carly Balskus - 11 Kills
- Meg Verizzi - 14 Assists
- Carly Balskus - 3 Aces
- Alaetra Long - 12 Digs
- Jackie Orlowski - 4 Blocks
The women's volleyball returns to action on Thursday, October 25 with a road contest at Curry. Game time is set for 6:30 p.m.