Link: Box Score
Milton, Mass. - Despite three double-doubles from Summer Onorato (East Haven, Conn.), Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) and Vanessa Isyk (Meriden, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College fell short to Curry College, 3-2, Thursday evening in non-conference play at Katz Gymnasium.
FINAL: Curry College 3 | Albertus Magnus College 2
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (11-16) | Curry College (8-16)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Set One: Albertus 25 | Curry 18
- The Falcons recorded 15 kills for a .314 hitting percentage compared to Curry's 11 kills and .119 hitting percentage.
- With the score tied at 15-15, the Falcons closed out the opening set with a 10-3 run to secure the 1-0 edge entering set two.
Set Two: Curry 25 | Albertus 19
- Curry took over the lead, 11-6, after evening the set at 6-all on kill from Caroline Kilduff.
- An attack error by Ashley David (West Islip, N.Y.) evened the score for a fourth time, 18-18.
- The Colonels secured the second set victory after ending the frame with a 7-1 run sparked by a blocking error by the visitors.
Set Three: Albertus 25 | Curry 13
- Albertus opened the third with a 6-2 lead before finding themselves up 19-12 entering a Colonels' timeout.
- Coming out of the break, the Falcons rallied off a 6-1 run to claim the third.
- Onorato Ebony Labrador-Barns (New Haven, Conn.) each recorded a pair of kills during the run.
Set Four: Curry 25 | Albertus 21
- The Colonels found themselves trailing the Falcons 11-4.
- Curry took its first lead of the set, 19-18, after a short spurt.
- Tied at 20-20, the hosts came up on top closing out the set on a 5-1 run to even the match at 2-2.
Set Five: Curry 18 | Albertus 16
- Albertus controlled the opening of the frame 5-2, but a short spurt by the hosts evened the score at 6-6.
- Down by two, 12-10, Albertus called a timeout to regroup.
- Curry saw its lead diminish and found themselves down, two, 14-12.
- The hosts tied the Falcons, 14-14, forcing Albertus to use its final timeout.
- After battling through another two ties, Curry came up on top to take home the win.
- Summer Onorato - 21 Kills (career-high)
- Jaiden Williams - 46 Assists
- Summer Onorato - 3 Aces
- Jaiden Williams and Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Tx.) - 16 Digs
- Vanessa Isyk - 1 Block
- Lexie Pereira - 17 Kills
- Alexis Bell - 44 Assists
- Four Players - 4 Aces
- Shea Mathews - 19 Digs
- Caroline Kilduff - 3 Blocks
- Summer Onorato - 21 Kills and 12 Digs
- Vanessa Isyk - 14 Kills and 11 Digs
- Jaiden Williams - 46 Assists and 16 Digs
- Lexie Pereira - 17 Kills and 10 Digs
The women's volleyball returns to action this Saturday, October 27 as the Falcons close out the 2018 regular season with a home non-conference tri-match against Pratt Institute and Becker.