NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team bested the City College of New York in straight sets (25-14, 25-19, 25-20) on Thursday evening at the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center to pick up its first win of the young 2019 season.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 3 | CCNY 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-3) | CCNY (0-2)
Set One: Albertus 25 | CCNY 14
Set Two: Albertus 25 | CCNY 19
Set Three: Albertus 25 | CCNY 20
• In tonight's match, the Falcons posted season highs in hitting percentage (.118), service aces (13) and blocks (5).
• Albertus stormed out to an early 4-0 lead in the first set, building its advantage to as much as 14, 23-9, following a feverish 10-1 run midway through the frame.
• The second set mirrored the first, as the Falcons built an early advantage and held on after a CCNY rally.
• The third frame went slightly different, with the Beavers going ahead 4-0 to begin. This slow start did not deter Albertus, however, as an 8-1 surge swung the momentum right back into the home team's favor.
• Senior Ashley David (West Islip, N.Y.) paced the Falcons with nine kills on the evening.
• Sophomore Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) orchestrated the offense with a match-high 17 assists.
• Nicole Polanco – 11 Kills
• Dzeneta Harambasic – 13 Assists
• Dzeneta Harambasic – 5 Aces
• Onah Han – 11 Digs
• Arianna Rivas – 2 Blocks
Albertus returns to the court on Saturday, Sept. 7, with a home tri-match. The first of Albertus' two matches will be against Lehman College at 11:00 a.m.