NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team stretched its win streak to four matches with a straight-set victory over Dean College (25-17, 25-10, 25-18) on Tuesday evening. The win streak is the Falcons' longest since 2017.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 3 | Dean 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-3) | Dean (0-4)
Set One: Albertus 25 | Dean 17
Set Two: Albertus 25 | Dean 10
Set Three: Albertus 25 | Dean 18
• Albertus' last four-match win streak came during the 2017 campaign when it won six straight during the first month of the season.
• The Falcons have tallied a season-best 17 service aces in three straight matches.
• Albertus Magnus topped the Bulldogs in attack percentage (.143-to-.039), assists (26-17) and aces (17-2).
• Freshman Diana Kalman (Naugatuck, Conn.) paced all players with a season-high 10 kills.
• Kalman also led all players with five aces, followed closely by Maria Vazquez (Hamden, Conn.) with four.
• Fellow rookie Irene Ronan (West Haven, Conn.) also posted a season-high in kills with six.
• Defensively, Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Texas) paced all players with 15 digs, her third straight match with double-digit digs.
• Melanie Rios-Nevarez – 8 Kills
• Sadie Homer – 14 Assists
• Taisha Alexandre – 2 Aces
• Melanie Rios-Nevarez – 11 Digs
• Kait Anderson – 2 Blocks
The Falcons begin Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play on Saturday, Sept. 14, with a home tri-match at the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center. The first of the two matches on the day is slated for 11 a.m. against Lasell University.