NEW HAVEN, Conn. – For the second consecutive match, Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball was pushed to five sets, falling to Curry College, 3-2, in nonconference action on Saturday at the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.
FINAL: Curry 3 | Albertus 2
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-7) | Curry (8-3)
Set One: Curry 25 | Albertus 11
Set Two: Curry 25 | Albertus 18
Set Three: Albertus 25 | Curry 10
Set Four: Albertus 25 | Curry 12
Set Five: Curry 15 | Albertus 12
• After dropping the first two sets, the Falcons rallied to take the next two sets convincingly.
• Albertus held the Colonels to a combined 22 points over the third and fourth sets, which included a 10-point third frame.
• The Falcons tallied a season-best six total blocks in today's match, led by Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) and Diana Kalman (Naugatuck, Conn.) with three blocks each.
• Williams was also integral to the Albertus offense, as she dished out an assist on 29 of the team's 33 kills.
• Williams ended the day with her fourth double-double of 2019 with 29 assists and 17 digs.
• Kalman led the Albertus attack with eight kills on the afternoon, while Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Texas) paced the defense with 22 digs.
• Diana Kalman – 8 Kills
• Jaiden Williams – 29 Assists
• Jaiden Williams and Peyton Davis (North Haven, Conn.) – 4 Aces
• Jesselle Guzman – 22 Digs
• Jaiden Williams and Diana Kalman– 3 Blocks
• Lexi Pereira – 11 Kills
• Lex Bell – 36 Assists
• Lexi Pereira, Lex Bell and Faith Herity – 3 Aces
• Shea Mathews – 27 Digs
• Caroline Kilduff and Lexi Pereira – 1 Block
Jaiden Williams – 29 Assists and 17 Digs
Lex Bell – 36 Assists and 17 Digs
The Falcons continue nonconference play on Thursday, Sept. 26, with a 7 p.m. road match against Purchase College in Purchase, N.Y.