NEW YORK – Maria Vazquez (Hamden, Conn.) led the Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team with seven kills and 13 digs in a 3-0 Falcons' loss to Baruch College on Tuesday night in New York City.
FINAL: Baruch 3 | Albertus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (6-9) | Baruch (9-4)
Set One: Baruch 25 | Albertus 13
Set Two: Baruch 25 | Albertus 19
Set Three: Baruch 25 | Albertus 14
• With the loss, the Falcons fall to 2-3 on the road in 2019.
• Tonight's setback is the first for Albertus this year against a team in the City University of New York Athletic Conference (CUNYAC), it was 2-0 coming into the match.
• Vazquez led the Falcons with seven kills and 13 digs.
• Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Texas) also had a strong defensive performance with 13 digs, while Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) tallied 12 digs.
• Williams also recorded assists on 12 of Albertus' 17 kills in the match.
• Anita Sengara – 15 Kills
• Sanaa Hadjeb – 20 Assists
• Wai Chang – 5 Aces
• Wai Chang – 13 Digs
The Falcons retake the court on Thursday, Oct. 3, with a home match against Elms College. The home nonconference bout is slated to begin at 7 p.m. at the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.