New London, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team fell in straight sets to Mitchell College, 3-0, in non-conference action on Monday evening at the Yarnell Athletic Center.
FINAL: Mitchell College 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (7-12) | Mitchell College (8-8)
Set One: Mitchell 25 | Albertus Magnus 16
Set Two: Mitchell 25 | Albertus Magnus 11
Set Three: Mitchell 25 | Albertus Magnus 11
- Following tonight's loss, the Falcons are 2-5 on the road and 11-18 against the Mariners in the all-time series.
- Senior Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Tx.) recorded her seventh 20+ dig performance.
- Sophomore Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) assisted all 12 kills for the Falcons.
- Maria Vazquez (Hamden, Conn.), Peyton Davis (North Haven, Conn.) and Diana Kalman (Naugatuck, Conn.) each recorded a service ace.
- The Falcons' defensive unit won the battle in blocks, 6-5.
- Vazquez and Davis also finished with three kills and nine digs each.
- Mitchell was led offensively with seven kills from Bree Rudolph.
- The Mariners Cameron Childs and Olivia DeLoach each recorded in double-digits in digs.
- Diana Kalman – 4 Kills
- Jaiden Williams – 12 Assists
- Three Players – 1 Ace
- Jesselle Guzman – 20 Digs
- Peyton Davis and Irene Ronan (West Haven, Conn.) – 2 Blocks
- Bree Rudolph – 7 Kills
- Claire Binfield – 15 Assists
- Lexi Hubbard – 4 Aces
- Cameron Childs – 16 Digs
- Claire Binfield and Ciera Moore – 2 Blocks
The women's volleyball resumes Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play with a road tri-match in Northfield, Vt. The Falcons battle Simmons University at 1PM and Norwich University at 3PM.