Link: Box Score
Worcester, Mass. - Despite three double-digit performances from Tyreek Perkins (New Haven, Conn.), Jahrell Spence (Hartford, Conn.) and Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team fell on the road to WPI by a score of 106-82 Tuesday evening in non-conference play.
FINAL SCORE: WPI 106 | Albertus Magnus 82
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus College (1-1) | WPI (1-0)
ALL-TIME SERIES RECORD: Despite tonight's loss, Albertus remains ahead of WPI in the all-time series, 2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WPI opened the game with an early 13-7 lead behind six points from Reid Walker.
- Following a made layup from Walker and a pair of free throws from Perkins, the Falcons cut the Engineers' lead to within two, 13-11.
- Shortly after, WPI put together a 10-0 run extending its lead to 22-11 before finding themselves ahead 36-13 heading into a media timeout with 7:44 remaining.
- For the remainder of the half, Albertus chipped away at the hosts' lead and trailed 53-34 at the half.
- Albertus started off the second half cutting the Engineers' lead to 17, 56-39, after back-to-back baskets from Liam Perryman (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) and Perkins.
- WPI pushed its lead back up to 26, 67-41, after putting together an 11-2 run.
- Albertus continued to battle bringing the score to within 19, 70-51, with 12:29 left to play.
- However, that would be the closest the Falcons get as WPI maintained a 20-point lead for the remainder of regulation.
- Tyreek Perkins - 22 points (7-12 FG, 1-3 3-PT, 7-10 FT) | 3 rebounds | 2 assists | 1 steal
- Jahrell Spence - 17 points (5-10 FG, 2-6 3-PT, 5-6 FT)
- Davon Warner - 17 points (5-14 FG, 3-10 3-PT, 4-4 FT) | 1 rebound | 1 assist | 4 steals
- Rayshawn Brewer (New Haven, Conn.) - 2 points (0-1 FG, 2-2 FT) | 6 rebounds | 1 block
- Kahleb Downing - 18 points (6-10 FG, 5-7 3-PT, 5-7 FT) | 3 rebounds | 2 assists | 2 steals
- Jake Wisniewski - 15 points (5-10 FG, 5-5 FT) | 7 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Jake Needleman - 15 points (4-10 FG, 4-5 3-PT, 3-4 FT) | 5 rebounds | 3 assists | 1 steal
- Reid Walker - 25 points (7-14 FG, 3-4 3-PT, 8-11 FT) | 7 rebounds | 5 assists | 3 steals
- Garrett Stephenson (6-8 FG, 1-2 FT) - 13 points | 10 rebounds | 7 assists | 1 steal | 2 blocks
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus - 41.7% FG | 28% 3-Point | 83.3% FT
- WPI - 52.5% FG | 65% 3-Point | 70% FT
- The Engineers held the advantage in rebounds (47-27), second chance points (23-7) and points in the paint (40-32).
- The Falcons' bench scored 49 of their 82 points.
- Albertus also tallied 30 of its points off turnovers.
The men's basketball team returns to action this weekend as the Falcons take part in Colonial Classic hosted by Western Conn. State University. Albertus will face Bowdoin on Friday, Nov. 16 before taking part in either the consolation or championship game on Saturday, Nov. 17.