Link: Box Score
Medford, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team extended its winning streak to three as well as improved to 6-2 on the year after defeating Lesley University by a score of 111-62 Friday evening in non-conference play at Medford High School. Five Falcons scored in double figures in the victory, as the team surpassed the 100-point plateau for the third straight game.
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus College 111 | Lesley University 62
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus College (6-2) | Lesley University (0-5)
ALL-TIME SERIES RECORD: Following tonight's win, the Falcons are 1-0 against the Lynx.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lesley controlled the opening three minutes of play as the Lynx held a 4-2 lead before back-to-back baskets from Keyaire Martin (Bloomfield, N.J.) and Ryan Pittman gave the visitors their first lead, 7-4.
- Over the next five minutes, Albertus extended its lead to 19, 27-8, following a 20-4 run that saw seven players score at least two or more points, including six from freshman Terry Dawkins (Queens, N.Y.).
- Lesley managed to cut the Falcons' lead to within 11, 28-17, on a three from Terry Martin at the 10:51 mark.
- With five minutes remaining, Albertus would maintain a 20-point lead over the Lynx and head into halftime up 59-34.
- Junior Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) led the Falcons in the first with eight points while Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) and Michael Richardson (Bronx, N.Y.) added seven a piece.
- Albertus outscored Lesley in the final 20 minutes of play, 52-28, behind six second half points from Richardson and Liam Perryman (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.).
- The Falcons' largest lead of the game came at the 1:22 mark as a free throw from Ed Popolizio (East Haven, Conn.) gave the visitors a commanding 51-point lead, 111-60.
- Jahmerikah Green-Younger - 10 points (4-6 FG, 0-1 3PT, 2-5 FT) | 2 rebounds | 1 assists | 3 steals
- Jahrell Spence (Hartford, Conn.) - 11 points (4-8 FG, 3-4 3PT) | 4 rebounds
- Marquise Owens (Thorafare, N.J.) - 11 points (4-6 FG, 3-4 3PT) | 1 rebound | 1 assist
- Terry Dawkins - 10 points (5-6 FG, 0-2 FT) | 8 rebounds | 2 assists
- Michael Richardson - 13 points (6-7 FG, 1-2 3PT, 0-1 FT) | 3 rebounds | 1 block
- Joey Martin - 11 points | 3 rebounds | 3 assists
- Treyvon Trent - 13 points | 5 rebounds | 1 steal
- Tristen Reese - 9 points | 6 rebounds | 3 assists
The men's basketball team returns to action on Monday, December 3 as the Falcons travel south to battle non-conference foe New Jersey City. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. in Jersey City.