Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Freshman Rayshawn Brewer (Hartford, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team posted a team-high 20 points as the Falcons defeated Fisher College by a score of 100-81 Saturday afternoon at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 100 | Fisher College 81
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (8-3) |Fisher (4-8)
ALL-TIME RECORDS: Albertus earned its first program win against Fisher and holds a 1-0 edge in the all-time series.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fisher controlled the opening four minutes of play with the early two-point lead, 9-7, before finding themselves ahead by six, 20-14.
- Albertus answered back with a 15-9 run that evened the score at 29-all with 6:53 left in the first.
- Albertus and Fisher battled back-and-forth over the next minute until a jumper from Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) gave the Falcons the lead, 36-34.
- Albertus would remain in control for the reamining five minutes of play as the Falcons held a 49-41 lead at the half.
- The hosts began the half rallying off five straight points to bring their lead to double-digits, 54-41.
- With 15:47 left to play, Fisher battled back to within eight, 56-48, following a 7-2 run, but Albertus would counter the visitors' spurt with a 19-8 run extending its lead to 19, 75-56.
- The Falcons' largest lead of the game came at the 6:20 mark as freshman Jahrell Spence (Hartford, Conn.) hit the short jumper making the lead 87-64.
- For the remainder of the game, Fisher chipped away at the Falcons' lead, but was unable to stop the Falcons from securing the home win, 100-81.
- Rayshawn Brewer (New Haven, Conn.) - 20 Points (8-10 FG, 4-4 FT) | 8 rebounds | 2 blocks
- Tyreek Perkins (New Haven, Conn.) - 17 Points (6-12 FG, 1-3 3PT, 4-5 FT) | 6 rebounds | 3 assists | 3 steals
- Jahrell Spence (Hartford, Conn.) - 14 Points (5-11 FG, 2-4 3PT, 2-4 FT) |4 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Terry Dawkins (Bronx, N.Y.) – 12 points (4-6 FG, 4-4 FT) | 8 rebounds | 1 assist
- Jhalen Lumpkins - 26 Points | 4 rebounds | 4 steals
- Giovanni Thompson - 17 Points | 5 rebounds | 1 block
- Chris Sorapuru - 14 Points | 2 rebounds | 4 steals
The men's basketball team resumes play in 2019 as the Falcons open GNAC play with a home tilt against Anna Maria College. Tip-off is set for January 8th at 7 p.m. at "The Nest".