New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team put on a show in its 2019-20 home opener, setting a new single-game program record in points as the Falcons shut down Lesley University, 125-71, in non-conference play at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center on Tuesday evening.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 125 | Lesley 71
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-1) | Lesley (0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
For the second straight game in a row, Albertus held its opponent scoreless for the first three minutes of play as the Falcons opened regulation with a 10-0 run behind four points from Rob Tindley (Lawnside, N.J.). Lesley's Kyle Murphy broke the drought at the 16:26 mark on a deep three from the corner.
Midway through the stanza, Albertus found themselves up 32-13 following a made jumper from Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.). The Lynx continued to chip away at the double-digit lead and trailed 66-33 at the half.
At the break, Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) and Tyreek Perkins (New Haven, Conn.) led the Falcons offensive unit with 13 points apiece, while Marquan Watson (Waterbury, Conn.) rounded out the double-digit performances with 10. The first half was also highlighted by four dunks, including three from Green-Younger.
The Falcons controlled the tempo throughout the second half and never looked back securing the non-conference win. Albertus led as many as 61 points, 107-46, with 10:36 remaining in regulation.
- Albertus shots light out, knocking down 54.1% of its shots from the field, 31.6% from behind the arc and 72.4% from the charity stripe.
- Lesley was held to 42.2% shooting from the floor, 24.1% shooting from three-point range and 52.6% shooting from the free throw line.
- Albertus finished the contest with 48 points off of 39 Lynx turnovers.
- The Falcons offensive unit tallied 66 points in the paint and 30 fastbreak points.
- Albertus finished with 17 second chance points despite Lesely outrebounding the hosts, 47-42.
- Tyreek Perkins - 18 points (8-11 FG, 2-5 3pt, 0-1 FT) | 1 rebound | 3 assists | 1 steals
- Jahmerikah Green-Younger - 18 points (6-9 FG, 2-4 3pt, 4-4 FT) | 1 rebound | 4 assists
- Isaiah Lewis (New Haven, Conn.) - 14 points (5-6 FG, 2-3 3pt, 2-2 FT) | 1 rebound | 2 steals
- Andrew Rice (West Haven, Conn.) - 13 points (6-9 FG, 1-2 3pt, 0-1 FT) | 6 rebounds | 4 steals
- Marquan Watson - 11 points (4-6 FG, 3-4 FT) | 4 rebounds | 2 assists | 1 steal | 2 blocks
- Jacqual Gertrude (Jersey City, N.J.) - 10 points (3-7 FG, 1-3 3pt, 3-4 FT) | 5 rebounds | 2 steals | 1 block
- Chase Howard - 20 points (8-13 FG, 1-3 3pt, 3-4 FT) | 3 rebounds | 1 assist
- James DeBoise - 12 points (4-6 FG, 1-1 3pt, 3-4 FT) | 4 rebounds | 4 assists
- John DeBoise -10 points (4-6 FG, 2-3 3pt) | 2 rebounds
- The Falcons' 125 points tonight are a new program record, five more than their 120-point showing against Mt. St. Vincent on December 4, 2008.
- Albertus has scored 110-plus points in back-to-back games for the first time in program history.
- Albertus now has 53 100-plus-point games in its career.
- The Falcons posted 29 steals tonight, which is the most in Division III this season, six more than the next closest team.
- Prior to tonight, Albertus had not recorded more than 24 steals in a game in the past 11 seasons.
- The Falcons have won nine out of their last 10 home openers.
- Albertus has beaten Lesley both times that they met.
The men's basketball team returns to action on Thursday, Nov. 21, with a home 7 p.m. non-conference tilt against Anna Maria College at "The Nest".
Jahmerikah Green-Younger nearly brought the house down after these two monster dunks in the first half against Lesley!!! @AlbertusMBB leads the Lynx, 71-35, early in the second half! #FearlessFalcons #d3hoops pic.twitter.com/aWLav0td51— Albertus Falcons (@AMCAthletics) November 13, 2019