New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College men's golf team fell to Mitchell College in a playoff on Wednesday afternoon at the New Haven Country Club. Both teams finished with a score of 342 after 18 holes, but the Mariners came home with the "W" after winning by one stroke in playoff.
1. Mitchell College - 342 (+8) 350
2. Albertus Magnus - 342 (+9) 351
Ryan Sember (Branford, Conn.) - 76 (2nd)
Liam Deane (Branford, Conn.) - 89 (5th)
David Aquavia (Oakville, Conn.) - 83 (4th)
Brandon Fowler (Lexington, S.C.) - 96 (8th)
Quinn Oliver (Milford, Conn.) - 94 (T7)
Nick Knisel - 75 (Medalist) (1st)
Mike McCarthy - 81 (3rd)
Mike Izzo - 94 (T7th)
Chris Ronzello - 92 (6th)
Jakob Margettaa - 111 (9th)
- After both teams turned in scores of 342, the top two players from each side returned to the first tee to replay the par-4 opening hole.
- The tiebreaker was decided by the lowest combined score for the two-man team
Mitchell College (8)
1. Nick Knisel - 4
2. Mike McCarthy - 4
- This was the program's first golf match at the New Haven Country Club.
- Aquavia registered a season-low score of 83.
- Sember was just one stroke shy of tying his season-low score of 75.
The men's golf team returns to action on Friday, Sept. 27 as the team takes on Dean College and Eastern Nazarene. Tee-time is set for 12PM at Alling Memorial Golf Course in New Haven, Conn.