Last Week: The Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team went 1-1 last week, topping Mount St. Vincent, 14-11, in non-conference play before falling at home to Norwich in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action. During the week, goalkeeper Jack Kerner made 37 saves, highlighted by a 25-save performance versus the Dolphins. Offensively, junior Greg Buck netted a season-high seven goals in the non-league win, while junior Justin Bennet racked up nine points on the week in the two games.
This Week: The Falcons travel to face league rival Johnson & Wales during the week before heading to Maine for a GNAC battle with Saint Joseph's over the weekend.
Albertus Magnus (3-3, 0-1) at Johnson & Wales (5-5, 1-0)
Wednesday, April 6 , 2016
Scotts Athletic Complex
Live Stats: Click here (All links will become active at the start of the contest)
Live Video: Click here
Last Spring Versus JWU: The Wildcats outscored the Falcons, 6-4, in the second half to earn a 13-9 victory in New Haven last April. Buck scored two goals and added an assist for AMC, while Bennet chipped in a tally and two helpers. In net, Kerner turned aside 17 shots in a losing effort for Albertus Magnus. The Wildcats held a 45-28 advantage in shots and forced 23 Falcon turnovers.
Albertus Magnus (3-3, 0-1) at Saint Joseph's (Maine) (4-5, 1-1)
Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Deering Memorial Stadium
Live Stats: Click here
Last year Against SJC: The Monks netted a 13-7 victory versus the Falcons in the Elm City last March. Saint Joseph's jumped out to an early 8-3 lead in the first half and held off a late AMC rally to earn the win. Buck paced the Albertus attack with a game-high four goals, while Kerner turned aside 22 shots in a losing effort for the hosts. The Falcons committed 28 turnovers in the contest and were successful on just nine clear attempts.
- For the second time this spring, Kerner was honored as the GNAC Goalkeeper of the Week on Monday. went 1-1 last week for the Falcons with 37 saves and a .637 save percentage. Kerner surrendered just over 10 goals a game for Albertus Magnus. In a 14-11 win versus Mt. St. Vincent, he made a season-high 25 saves and recorded a .694 save percentage. Kerner followed that up with 12 saves in a 10-6 conference setback against Norwich.
- On the year, Kerner is 3-3 with 94 saves, a .606 save percentage and a 10.93 goals-against average.
- Defensively, senior Adam Earl has a team-high, and GNAC-best 23 caused turnovers to go along with 31 ground balls and seven points (2G, 5A). Junior midfielder Matt Mueller has added nine caused turnovers and 21 ground balls, while Bennet has seven caused turnovers and a team-high 53 ground balls.
- In the face-off circle, Bennet is 55-of-108 this year and Tommy Gillen is 12-of-42.
- Offensively, Bennet has a team-best 24 goals and 30 points. Buck is second on the team with 18 goals and 22 points, while sophomore Brennan Moore has chipped in 11 markers and a team-leading eight assists.