FINAL SCORE: Mass. Maritime 16 | Albertus Magnus 6
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-2) | Mass. Maritime (1-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mass. Maritime opened the game with the early 3-0 advantage before the Buccaneers extended their lead to nine, 9-0, heading into halftime.
The Buccaneers struck again three minutes later, 13-1, before Matt Mueller (Cheshire, Conn.) closed out the period with his first goal of the season to cut the lead to 11, 13-2.
The fourth quarter saw a total of seven goals as the Falcons outshot Mass. Maritime 4-3. During the run, Bennet scored two unassisted goals while Greg Buck (Berlin, Conn.) assisted the third and fifth goal, respectively.
- Moore and Bennet each led the visitors in goals with two a piece while Greg Buck (Berlin, Conn.) collected a team-high two assists.
- In the cage, Jack Kerner (Merrick, N.Y.) made 19 saves in over 60 minutes of action.
- On the opposite side, Michael Dolan collected eight saves over 45 minutes while Jeffrey Statile made an appearance between the pipes for the final 15 minutes of play.
- Benjamin Avakian led the offensive charge as he collected a hat trick and three assists for six points.
- Ryan McNeill also added a hat trick and an assist for Mass. Maritime.
- Mass. Maritime outshot the Falcons 52-23 as well as held a 51-31 advantage in ground balls.
- Albertus Magnus finished the game 10-for-17 in clears and 15-of-26 in face-offs.
The Falcons return to action on March 11 against Wheelock.