Boston, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team fell on the road to Emmanuel (Mass.), 20-1, in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) battle on Friday evening at Clemente Field.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel (Mass.) 20 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-11, 0-8) | Emmanuel (Mass.) (3-11, 3-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Emmanuel (Mass.) held a six-goal lead, 6-0, entering the second quarter before a goal from junior James May (Branford, Mass.) broke the Falcons' silence, following a nice pass from Jordan Garguilo (West Haven, Conn.), 34 seconds into the the frame to make the score, 6-1. However, the Saints would head into halftime up 11-1.
Emmanuel (Mass.) was able to secure the home win after outscoring the Falcons, 9-0, in the final 30 minutes of play.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Jack Kerner (L, 2-7): 13 Goals-Against | 12 Saves | 25 Shots
- Albertus Magnus - John Brunetti: 7 Goals-Against | 2 Saves | 9 Shots
- Emmanuel (Mass.) - Austin Rosenbery (W, 3-10): 1 Goals-Against | 7 Saves | 8 Shots
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Matt Katon led the offensive attack for the Saints with a game-high four goals while Jonathan Ahern, Ben Hartig-Orr and Charlie Moran added three goals a piece.
- Senior Kevin Henninger (Wallingford, Conn.) led the Falcons' defensive unit with four caused turnovers.
- Senior Niko Ames (Sunderland, Mass.) scooped up a team-best six ground balls as well as caused two turnovers and took two shots against the Saints' keeper.
- Emmanuel (Mass.) outshot the Falcons, 52-21, as well as held an advantage in ground balls, 44-23, and turnovers, 23-31.
- Albertus Magnus was 8-of-24 in face-offs while Emmanuel (Mass.) finished 16-for-24.
- Both teams were 0-of-3 in man-up goals.
- The Saints were 21-of-24 in clear attempts while the Falcons were 8-of-25.
- Eleven of the Saints' player registered at least one caused turnover in the win.
- Freshman Mykel Stinson (Bridgeport, Conn.) posted a game-high three caused turnover as well as took two shots.
- Along with his assist, Garguilo scooped up four ground balls and caused a turnover.
- In the fourth quarter, both Albertus and Emmanuel (Mass.) took four shots.
The men's lacrosse team closes out the 2018 season with a road conference game at Regis (Mass.) on Wednesday, April 25 at 4 p.m.