New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team improved to 3-0 on the season as the Falcons defeated Dean College, 4-0, in non-conference play on a rainy Wednesday evening at Celentano Field.
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus 4 | Dean 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-0) | Dean (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Junior Salah Oumorou (West Haven, Conn.) gave the Falcons a two-goal cushion at the half after scoring a pair of goals at the 15th and 38th minute mark, respectively. Oumorou's first tally of the game came off a short feed from freshman Declan Ryan (Hamden, Conn.) while his second goal was assisted by senior John Iannucci-Berger (Oakville, Conn.).
In the second stanza, freshman Anthony Barreira (Beacon Falls, Conn.) got thing going, scoring his first collegiate goal at the 58th minute mark after being set up by Oumorou. With the clock winding down, Iannucci-Berger pushed the Falcons' cushion to four with his first career goal at the 71st minute mark.
Once again, the Falcons' backline, along with keeper Jared Brennan (North Haven, Conn.), kept the Bulldogs off the board for the remainder of the game to secure the home win.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus: Jared Brennan (W, 3-0): 2 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 2 Saves
- Dean: Bryce Antoch (L, 1-1): 11 Shots on Goal | 4 Goals-Against | 7 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus held the advantage in shots, 23-9, corner kicks, 8-4, and shots on goal, 11-2.
- Five different players registered at least two shots for the Falcons, including a team-high seven from Oumorou.
- Along with the two goals, Oumorou added an assist to his stat line and finished with five points.
- This is the Falcons third straight shutout of the season.
- This was the first meeting between Dean and Albertus.
- Ryan passed out his first collegiate assist.
- Barreira scored his first collegiate goal.
- Along with his goal, Iannucci-Berger also recorded his first career assist.
- Connor Steer (Bridgeport, Conn.), Gilson Lojano (Danbury, Conn.), Jacob Skonieczny (North Haven, Conn.) and Andrew Passante (Clinton, Conn.) recorded their first appearance as a Falcon.
Albertus returns to action on Saturday, September 7 with a road non-conference tilt against Pine Manor College. Game time is set for 1:00 PM in Chestnut Hill, Mass.