New Haven, Conn. - Junior forward Salah Oumorou (West Haven, Conn.) netted a career-high five goals for 10 points to lift the Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team past Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) foe Anna Maria College, 8-0, Saturday afternoon at Celentano Field on Senior Day. The Falcons scored a season-high eight goals in the contest, while recording a clean sheet on the defensive end for the sixth time this season.
Prior to the start of the game, the Albertus men's soccer team honored its program's five- member senior class - Albert Afful (West Haven, Conn.) Diogo Cruz (Naugatuck, Conn.), John Iannucci-Berger (Oakville, Conn.), Matt Cotto (Stratford, Conn.) and Tyler Saad (Shelton, Conn.).
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus held a two-goal cushion heading into halftime following a pair of unassisted goals from Oumorou at the 23rd and 28th minute, respectively.
Five minutes into the second half, Oumouro struck again for the hosts, capitalizing off an assist from Iannucci-Berger and completing his first hat trick of the season.
Freshman Michael Hidalgo (Norwalk, Conn.) joined in on the scoring fray for the Falcons in the 65th minute, scoring his fourth of the season.
Midway through stanza, Oumorou would cap off his offensive outburst with back-to-back goals seven minutes apart giving the Falcons a six-goal advantage.
The scoring didn't stop there as Cotto netted his first goal of the season at the 80:49 mark on a feed from Abdoul Aremu (West Haven, Conn.).
Junior Jonathan Beaucejour (Wallingford, Conn.) would round out the day for the Falcons, scoring in the 88th minute with his first goal of the season after receiving a short pass Aremu.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Garfield Robinson (West Haven, Conn.)(W, 6-5-1): 5 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 5 Saves
- Anna Maria - Jeffre Donahue (L, 4-11): 14 Shots on Goal | 8 Goals-Against | 6 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus held the advantage in shots, 26-7, while Anna Maria won the battle in corner kicks, 7-4.
- Aremu finished the day with a career-high three assists.
- Robinson picked up his first collegiate point on an assist off Oumorou's fourth goal of the afternoon.
- Iannucci-Berger's assist at the 52nd minute was his third of his career.
- Hezekiah Adeyeye led the AMCATS with three shots, all of which were on target.
- Oumorou posted a stat line of 11 shots, 10 shots on goal and 5 goals.
- Along with Oumorou, seven different Falcons registered a shot in the game.
- Albertus earned its fifth straight win against Anna Maria and extended the all-time series record to 12-3.
- Today's shutout was the programs eighth overall against Anna Maria.
- Oumorou's 10-point performance moved him to second in the single-season record book in points (46) and goals (20).
- Former Falcon standout Jamal Howard leads the single-season record in points (50) and goals (22).
The men's soccer team concludes the 2019 regular season with a road GNAC showdown against in-state rival the University of Saint Joseph's (CT) on Wednesday, Oct. 30 in West Hartford, Conn.