New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College men's tennis team extended its winning streak to five games as the Falcons topped Rutgers-Camden by a score of 5-4 on Saturday afternoon in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) showdown at Celentano Court.
With the win, the Falcons claim the top slot in the South Division as well as a spot in the upcoming 2019 GNAC Men's Tennis Tournament, which is set to begin on April 27th.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 5 | Rutgers-Camden 4
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (7-5, 2-0) | Rutgers-Camden (1-7, 0-2)
- This is the Falcons second program win over Rugters-Camden.
- The last time Albertus defeated Rutgers-Camden was back on April 15, 2015 by a score of 9-0.
- Today's Order of Finish: Doubles (#2, #1, #3) Singles (#1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #5)
- Today's Winning Match: No. 6 Singles - Nick Tagliaferri
- Zak Levine (AMC) def. Vatsal Patel (RC) 6-0, 6-0
- Alex Hale (AMC) def. Steven Zhang (RC) 6-1, 6-0
- Adney Cardoza (RC) def. William Kouakou (AMC) 6-0, 6-1
- Marcus Hooks (AMC) def. Jose Vargas (RC) 6-0, 7-5
- Shariq Kahn (RC) def. Alessandro Proscino (AMC) 6-2, 7-6
- Nick Tagliaferri (AMC) def. Vincent Flores (RC) 6-1, 6-1
- Zak Levine/Alex Hale (AMC) def. Shariq Khan/Vincent Flores (RC) 8-2
- Vatsal Patel/Adney Cardoza (RC) def. William Kouakou/Alessandro Proscino (AMC) 8-0
- Steven Zhang/Jose Vargas (RC) def. Marcus Hooks/Nick Tagliaferri (AMC) 8-3
Albertus returns to action on Sunday, April 14th with a home non-conference match against Lesley. Match is set for 3:30PM at Celentano Court.