Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Behind a pair of double-doubles from junior Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) and sophomore Raegon Shirling-Davis (Waterbury, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball knocked off Gordon College, 78-44, Saturday evening at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.
The Falcons close out the first half of the season with an overall record of 10-1, which included six-game winning streak to kick off the campaign.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 78 | Gordon College 44
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (10-1) | Gordon College (4-8)
ALL-TIME RECORDS: Albertus earns its first program win over Gordon and cuts the all-time series record in half, 2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus controlled the opening 10 minutes of play as the Falcons held a 10-point lead entering the second, 20-10.
- Shirling-Davis and Thompson led the Falcons offensively in the first with six points each.
- Five minutes into the second, Albertus took its biggest lead of the half with 16, 30-14, following a pair of made free throws from Cassie Couture (Waterbury, Conn.).
- Gordon continued to chip away at the hosts' lead and found themselves trailing at the half by 14, 33-19.
- The Fighting Scots were held to only nine-points in the second.
- The Falcons started off the third quarter with a 9-0 run, including four from Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.), before extending their lead to 21, 51-30, heading into the final 10 minutes of play.
- Albertus extended the lead to as many as 30 down the stretch before securing the 78-44 victory.
- Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) – 19 Points (6-19 FG, 2-5 3PT, 5-7 FT) |9 rebounds | 3 assists | 1 steal
- Raegon Shirling-Davis – 17 Points (7-18 FG, 3-10 3PT, 0-2 FT) | 12 rebounds | 3 assists | 4 steals
- Rah Rah Thompson – 13 Points (6-13 FG, 0-1 3PT, 1-3 FT) | 15 rebounds |2 assists | 1 steal | 2 blocks
- Andreah Orr – 8 Points (4-8 FG) | 9 rebounds | 1 assist | 3 steals | 3 blocks
- Meghan Foley – 25 Points | 6 rebounds | 1 assist
- Sarah Gibbs – 10 Points | 14 rebounds | 2 assists | 1 steal | 1 block
- Hannah Vincent – 6 Points | 12 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 block
The women's basketball team resumes play in 2019 with a back-to-back road games at Fitchburg State (Jan. 2) and Mitchell (Jan. 4). Albertus opens up GNAC play on January 8 with a home showdown against Anna Maria College.