Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - Albertus Magnus College women's basketball head coach JR Fredette earned his 100th career win on Saturday afternoon as the Lady Falcons defeated Norwich University, 79-59, in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 79 | Norwich University 59
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (18-3, 6-2) | Norwich (7-13, 2-6)
ALL-TIME SERIES: Following today's win, Albertus extends its all-time series record to 18-8 against Norwich.
- The Falcons also remain undefeated at home, 9-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Back-to-back baskets from Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.) and Kristin Cunning (Hoboken, N.J.) gave the Falcons the early 5-0 advantage before the Cadets battled back to within one, 5-4, three minutes later.
- Albertus maintained a four-point lead until the 3:53 mark as Kailynne Frederick evened the score at 12-all following a made jumper.
- Norwich kept within reach of the hosts and would head into the second trailing by one, 17-16.
- The Cadets opened the next quarter with a 5-2 run to take its first lead of the game, 21-18, with 7:37 left on the clock.
- Shortly after, a layup from Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) would even the game at 21-21.
- Up 28-21 with 4:50 remaining, Albertus would go on a 15-3 run, that included four straight three-pointers, to extend its lead to 19, 43-24.
- Norwich would close out the half with a 4-1 run to cut the deficit to 44-28.
- Albertus continued to score as the Falcons outshot the Cadets in the third, 19-12, to take a commanding 63-40 lead entering the final 10 minutes of play.
- Despite outscoring the Falcons in the fourth, 19-16, Norwich never closed the deficit and fell by the 79-59 final score.
- Shyla Osmond – 21 Points (8-15 FG, 1-3 3PT, 4-4 FT) | 9 rebounds | 6 assists | 3 steals
- Kristin Cunning – 15 Points (5-10 FG, 5-10 3PT) | 1 rebound | 1 steal
- Rah Rah Thompson – 14 points (6-10 FG, 2-3 FT) | 10 rebound | 2 blocks
- Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) – 10 points (4-12 FG, 0-1 3PT, 2-5 FT) | 2 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Mary Casamassa – 21 Points | 6 rebounds | 2 assists | 1 steal |1 block
- Kailynne Frederick – 8 points | 8 rebounds | 3 assists
- Emily Oliver – 7 Points | 3 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
Albertus Magnus returns to action on Tuesday, February 5 as the Falcons travel to West Hartford, Conn. to face in-state rival University of Saint Joseph's (CT). Tip-off is set for 4:30 pm.