New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team fell at home to Regis (Mass.), 16-3, on Saturday afternoon in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action at Celentano Field.
FINAL SCORE: Regis (Mass.) 16 | Albertus Magnus 3
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-8, 0-7) | Regis (Mass.) (10-3, 5-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Down 14-0, Korina Zelaya (Trumbull, Conn.) scored the Falcons' first goal of the game at the 19 minute mark on a nice feed from Kaitlin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.). Following a goal from the Pride, sophomore Courtney Cacace (Brookfield, Conn.) scored back-to-back goals just two minutes apart to bring the score to 15-3.
However, Albertus Magnus would fall 16-3 to the visiting Pride, despite having numerous scoring chances over the final minutes of play.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Lexie Fenn (L, 4-8): 16 Goals-Against | 5 Saves | 21 Shots
- Regis (Mass.) - Maresa Malcolm (W, 8-3): 0 Goals-Against | 5 Saves | 5 Shots
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Regis (Mass.) held a 20-16 edge in ground balls while outshooting the Falcons, 25-14.
- Albertus Magnus was 14-of-17 in clears and 1-of-7 in free position attempts.
- The Falcons won the draw control battle, 12-8, including a game-high nine from D'Agostino.
- Linsay Bumila paced the Prides' offense with a four-goal, one assist performance.
- Freshman Katherin Martinez (Norwalk, Conn.) and sophomore Sabrina Pohlig (West Palm Beach, Fla.) scooped up a team-best five ground balls as well as caused a turnover each.
- Brooke Ross led the visitors' defensive unit with three caused turnovers to go along with two goals.
- Regis (Mass.) finished game two 3-of-5 in free position shots and 21-of-22 in clear attempts.
Albertus Magnus returns to action on Tuesday, April 17th with a GNAC clash against Johnson & Wales at 6:30 p.m. at Celentano Field.