Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Junior Kaitlin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.) finished with a team-high seven points behind four goals and three assists as the Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team topped Bay Path, 19-3, in non-conference play on Thursday evening at Celentano Field.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 19 | Bay Path 3
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-6) | Bay Path (0-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus controlled the opening 10 minutes of play as the Falcons held a five-goal lead, 5-0, behind five different scorers.
- Jennifer Wilson broke the scoreless drought for the Wildcats scoring their first goal of the game at the 19:33 mark to bring the score to 5-1.
- The Falcons resumed control on offense and closed out the stanza with a 12-1 advantage.
- Freshman Madison Neilander (Walligford, Conn.) scored four of the Falcons' final seven goals of the half.
- The Falcons continued to score and found themselves up 16-1 after starting off the second with a four-goal run, including a pair from Kaitlyn Ellsworth (Tolland, Conn.).
- Jo Orrick was able to find the back of the net for her first of the game making the score 16-2, but another short spurt by the hosts extended its lead to 19-2.
- During the scoring run, D'Agostino netted her final goal of the game at the 10:41 mark while Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) and Alexis Lape (Bristol, Conn.) scored their first of the game, respectively.
- Bay Path's Jennifer Wilson closed out the game scoring the final goal with less than 10 seconds remaining in regulation.
- Neilander also led the Falcons defensively with four caused turnovers as well as recorded seven draw control wins and four ground balls.
- Along with her four goals and three assists, D'Agostino won five draw controls and scooped up two ground balls.
- Ellsworth also finished the game with two assists and three ground balls.
- Junior Korina Zelaya (Trumbull, Conn.) tallied a hat trick as well as posted an assist, four ground balls, four draw control wins and a caused turnover.
- Sophomore Maddy Rowe (Branford, Conn.) scored two goals and two assists for four points.
- Jennifer Wilson led the Wildcats with two goals while Jo Orrick added a goal of her own.
- Four different Bay Path players caused a turnover.
- Megan McKenna and Emmeline Bronson won three draw controls each.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Lexie Fenn (W, 2-6): 1 Goal-Against | 1 Save | 2 Shots
- Grace Vestro (Waterbury, Conn.): 2 Goals-Against | 0 Saves | 2 Shots
- Kristina Tran: 19 Goals-Against | 20 Saves | 39 Shots
- Albertus dominated play with a 46-8 shot advantage while winning 16 of 23 for the match.
- The Falcons owned a 29-15 margin in ground balls and forced 12 of the Wildcats' 27 turnovers.
- Albertus was 2-for-6 in free position shots and 16-of-18 in clear attempts.
Albertus resumes GNAC play on Saturday, March 30 with a home contest against Rivier University. Game time is set for 11 a.m. at Celentano Field.