Albertus Magnus College
Women's Soccer GNAC Preview
#6 Albertus Magnus (8-7-1)
#3 Emmanuel (9-8-1)
Saturday, Nov. 2nd • 12 pm • Boston, Mass.
The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team has earned the sixth seed for the upcoming 2019 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Soccer Tournament and will face third-seeded Emmanuel (Mass.) College in the quarterfinals on Saturday, Nov. 2. Kick-off is slated for 12 p.m. in Boston, Mass.
- This is the Falcons' 12th GNAC postseason appearance.
- Albertus has an all-time postseason record of 4-8-3.
- The Falcons are 1-1-1 all-time against Emmanuel in the postseason.
- Picked to finish 11th in the GNAC preseason poll, the Falcons defied expectations and ended the year sixth out of 13 teams.
- Started the season 4-2, demolishing Mitchell College and Northern Vermont-Lyndon 10-0 and 11-1, respectively, before defeating conference rival Simmons University, 3-0, in the GNAC opener.
- Owned a 5-2 record in the month of September.
- Was 6-3 at home.
- Finished the month of October 3-4-1, including victories over GNAC foes Anna Maria, Regis (Mass.), and St. Joseph (Conn.), to go along with a 2-2 tie with Norwich.
- Scored 47 goals on the season and had multiple players in the top ten of the GNAC statistical leaderboard.
- The win against St. Joseph (Conn.) was Coach Nick Wajnowski and Coach John Adams 120th career victory.
GNAC Tournament Schedule
Quarterfinals - Saturday, November 2 (at high seeds)
Match 1: #8 Regis at #1 JWU - 4:00 PM
Match 2: #5 Lasell at #4 Suffolk - 12:00 PM
Match 3: #6 Albertus Magnus at #3 Emmanuel - 12:00PM
Match 4: #7 USJ (CT) at #2 Saint Joseph's Maine - 12:00 PM
Semifinals - Tuesday, November 5 (at high seeds)
Match 5: #4/5 winner vs. #1/8 winner
Match 6: #3/6 winner vs. #2/7 winner
Championship - Saturday, November 9
Match 7: At highest remaining seed
This Year vs. Emmanuel
- The Falcons are 0-1 against the Emmanuel Saints in 2019.
- Goals Per Game: 1.89 GPG
- Shots Per Game: 12.8 SPG
- Goals-Against Average: 1.36 GAA
- Save Percentage: 79.0
Emmanuel Player Highlight
- Natalie Dash is tied for eighth in the GNAC with nine goals, tenth in points (21), and seventeenth in shots (42). She has also recorded three assists on the season.
- Emmanuel senior Kaylin Deschenes has recorded four goals and two assists to close out a successful collegiate career.
Scouting Albertus Magnus
- Goals Per Game: 2.94 GPG
- Shots Per Game: 14.4 SPG
- Goals-Against Average: 1.54 GAA
- Save Percentage: 81.5
Albertus Magnus Player Highlight
- Katherine Raposo (Warwick, R.I.) is tied for second in the GNAC in goals (15), second in points (36), tied for fourth in assists (6), and sixth in shots taken (67).
- Albertus' Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) looks to continue her stellar sophomore season, which has seen her tally ten goals and eight assists.
- Cassidy Scofield (Shelton, Conn.) enters Saturday's game with a 1.75 goals-against average and an 81.0 save percentage behind a career-best 98 saves.