New Haven, C.T. - The Albertus Magnus College women's swimming and diving team hosted its inaugural home swim meet on Saturday afternoon against the Colonials of Western Connecticut State University.
Prior to the meet starting, Coach Lauren Pallone took the time to recognize and thank everyone who made it possible for the event to take place. She welcomed the crowd on behalf of The President of Albertus Magnus College, Dr. Marc Camille, and Athletic Director, Jim Abromaitis. "We would like to thank the Athletic Department, Administration and the Board of Trustees for making the decision to continue to grow Albertus Magnus College and it's athletics department by adding Women's Swimming and Diving. We are incredibly grateful and blessed for the opportunity to represent and serve Albertus Magnus College and the City of New Haven."
1000 Yard Freestyle
Megan Anderson (Levittown, N.T.) placed third in her first time swimming this event with a time of 15:27.74
200 Yard Freestyle
- Ellyn Diverniero (East Haven, Conn.) led the way for the Falcons, finishing third going 2:42.89
- Genesis Cora-Luquis (Meriden, Conn.) rounded out the even grabbing the last points available with a time of 3:13.90
50 Yard Freestyle
200 Yard IM
Anderson placed third overall with a time of 3:00.56
- Corey grabbed a huge third place finish in this event with a time of 1:47.47
- Nedjine Lucine (Bridgeport, Conn.) followed with fourth place points with a time of 2:01.34
- Cortez scored first place points finishing with a time of 1:57.79
- Abigail Amankwatia (Bronx, N.Y. ) finished second with a time of 2:56.44
200 Freestyle Relay
The relay of Corey, Cortez, Lucine, and Arle Cruceta (Salcedo, Dominican Republic) finished the day off with first place points with a time of 3:13.62
The women's team will compete again on the road at Elms College on Saturday, Nov. 8 against Elms and St. Joseph (Conn.). The meet is set for 4PM at the Partyka Natatorium pool in Chicopee, Mass.