Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - Facing a 2-0 deficit in the match, the Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team won three straight sets to earn a comeback victory, 3-2, against Mitchell College on Thursday evening at the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletics Center.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 3 | Mitchell 2
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (8-7) | Mitchell (0-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Set One: Mitchell 29 | Albertus 27
- Mitchell controlled the majority of set one, but Albertus rallied back tying the score at 20-20.
- Both teams battled through six ties before the Mariners secured the win.
Set Two: Mitchell 25 | Albertus 22
- Similar to set one, Albertus and Mitchell battled to the very end as the Mariners came up on top to hold a 2-0 lead heading into set three.
Set Three: Albertus 25 | Mitchell 16
- Albertus came out with fire in its eyes as the hosts held a nine point lead, 20-11, entering a Mariners' timeout.
- The Falcons claimed the final five-points needed to send the match into a fourth set.
Set Four: Albertus 25 | Mitchell 16
- Mitchell opened the frame with a 10-7 lead.
- Albertus answered back with a 12-2 run to take the lead, 19-12.
- The Falcons evened the match up at 2-2 after closing out the fourth with a 6-4 run.
Set Five: Albertus 15 | Mitchell 8
- The Falcons hit an impressive .600 at the net and never looked back.
- Down by five, 10-5, Mitchell calls a timeout to regroup.
- Albertus secures the non-conference win, 15-8, following a 5-3 run sparked by an attack error by the visitors.
- Vanessa Isyk (Meriden, Conn.) - 17 Kills and 3 Blocks
- Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) - 44 Assists and 7 Aces (Season-High)
- Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Tx.) - 33 Digs (Season-High)
- Ariana Carter - 11 Kills and 2 Blocks
- Cameron Childs - 25 Assists and 6 Aces
- Shyla Philips-Krick - 20 Digs
- Cameron Childs - 25 Assists and 12 Digs
- Laurissa Amaker - 10 Kills and 14 Digs
The women's volleyball team returns to action on Saturday, October 6 as the Falcons resume conference play with a tri-match against Simmons and Colby Sawyer.