Providence, R.I. - The Albertus Magnus College women's volleyball team fell on the road in straight sets to #18 Johnson & Wales University on Tuesday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action at the Wildcat Center.
FINAL: #18 Johnson & Wales 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (7-15, 0-6 GNAC) | #18 Johnson & Wales (16-3, 6-0 GNAC)
Set One: JWU 25 | Albertus Magnus 5
Set Two: JWU 25 | Albertus Magnus 13
Set Three: JWU 25 | Albertus Magnus 13
- Albertus was led offensively by freshman Diana Kalman (Naugatuck, Conn.) and sophomore Maria Vazquez (Hamden, Conn.) as the duo posted a team-high two kills each.
- Sophomore Jaiden Williams (Orange, Conn.) assisted six of the Falcons' 15 kills to go along with four digs and a kill.
- Both the Falcons and Wildcats finished the match with two blocks.
- Senior Jesselle Guzman (El Paso, Tx.) led the Falcons in digs for the fourth straight match.
- Johnson & Wales won the battle in kills (43-15), assists (40-7), aces (11-3) and digs (42-35).
- The Wildcats hit an impressive .359 at the net.
- Diana Kalman and Maria Vazquez - 2 Kills
- Jaiden Williams - 6 Assists
- Jesselle Guzman - 2 Aces
- Jesselle Guzman - 11 Digs
- Peyton Davis (North Haven, Conn.) and Diana Kalman - 1 Block
- Tiah Scott - 10 Kills
- Brylee Frank - 27 Assists
- Four Players - 2 Aces
- Bella Oldham and Emily Corbett - 9 Digs
- Kelly Delaney and Hannah Dolan - 1 Block
The Lady Falcons returns to the court on Saturday, Oct. 19 with a home tri-match against Rutgers-Newark and Saint Joseph's College of Maine as part of Homecoming Weekend. The tri-match times are set for 11AM, 1PM and 3PM inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.